Electroacoustics seminar in Singapore. The small print.
The Electroacoustics seminar is suitable for all levels of experience.
To gain further understanding of the principles of electroacoustics for sound system design and engineering. Discover how loudspeakers interact with their environment and how to achieve intelligible sound to every listener. Novices and students will gain new skills whilst those with more experience will enjoy refreshing their knowledge.
The focus of the day is on achieving intelligibility; if you’re passionate about sound, then you want to get clear, intelligible sound to every seat in the house. Most sound engineers have a good knowledge of the electronic signal path, but are less sure of the acoustic signal path between the loudspeaker and the listener’s ears.
- Further our understanding of sound ‘fun’damentals and help you to understand some of the physics through experiments and practical demonstrations.
- Investigate system sizing: how loud does it need to be, how much headroom is needed and what system will achieve this?
- Analyse addition and subtraction of sound waves and consider the drawbacks and benefits.
- Explore what happens to sound in our working environment and the different factors that change propagation.
- Define the parameters that constitute a well behaved (and badly behaved) loudspeaker.
- Look at the d&b acoustics calculator and find out how it can help in your system designs. You will receive a copy.
Along the way, we will take in all the acoustics and physics that you will need. We avoid the ‘chalk and talk’ approach; listening, practical experiments and reasoned discussion take the place of the blackboard as much as possible.
The content is conveyed in a format that uses practical examples and encourages participants to exchange experiences and play an active role.
Number of participants
Free of charge.
From 9:30 to 18:00.
d&b audiotechnik Asia Pacific PTE.LTD,
25 Playfair road
Every participant is provided with a folder containing all relevant documentation.
Every participant is presented with a certificate at the end of the event in which they have taken part.
How to register
To register click on the registration bar below and fill out the Registration form.
Participants will then be contacted via email as to availability. For further details, travel and accommodation information, please contact:
Gert Sanner at Tel. +65 6563 3310
or by email: asiapacific(at)dbaudio.com.
Upon receipt of the registration form, participants will be sent written confirmation. If unable to attend, please inform d&b in writing six working days before the workshop begins. In the event that the workshop is cancelled for organizational reasons, d&b will of course inform participants in good time.
d&b reserve the right to make alterations and additions to the workshop and seminar programs.