d&big Networkshop in Backnang, Germany: small print
Participants should be experienced in tackling sound engineering problems and should want to extend their expertise with a focus on digital audio networks. They should have solid experience in handling PC-based computer systems. Participants should have previously attended a d&b workshop dealing with the R1 software and be familiar with handling R1. Please bring your own laptop running at least Windows 7 or higher or OS X 10.7 or higher with an RJ45 network port or adapter..
Participants will gain practical experience to confidently set up a d&b Remote network utilising IP-based Ethernet networks paying particular attention to their different basic configurations and topologies. Efficient configuration options are demonstrated as well as the use of protocols, such as Dante and OCA. All this will provide a general overview to reliably link d&b systems with audio signals and control networks.
- Introduction into the basics of digital audio signal engineering, its special features, and hardware requirements.
- Demonstration of the DS10, an audio network bridge for digital audio and data transmission. The possible applications and characteristics of the DS10 are presented.
- Fundamentals about IP-based Ethernet data networks. Basis of every network, with or without audio. Topics here are topology, distribution, settings, and network rules.
- Dante basics. Insight into the world of Dante audio networks, their integration, function, setup, and configuration.
- Integration of the DS10 in a Dante audio network, and integration in the d&b system.
- Explanation of redundant setup in a network with regard to existing hardware and its possibilities.
The content is conveyed in a format that uses practical examples and encourages participants to exchange experiences and play an active role.
Number of participants
Free of charge.
From 9:30 to 18:00.
D-71522 Backnang, Germany
Tel. +49 (0)7191 9669-0.
Every participant is provided with a folder and USB stick containing all relevant documentation and software.
Every participant is presented with a certificate at the end of the event in which they have taken part.
How to register
To register click on the registration bar below and fill out the Registration form.
Participants will then be contacted via email as to availability. For further details, travel and accommodation information, please contact:
German language workshops or seminars: Regina Schneider-Wilhelm at +49 (0) 7191 96 69-0
English language workshops or seminars: Marie O'Farrell at +49 (0) 7191 96 69-0
or email: seminar(at)dbaudio.com
Upon receipt of the registration form, participants will be sent written confirmation. If unable to attend, please inform d&b in writing six working days before the workshop begins. In the event that the workshop is cancelled for organizational reasons, d&b will of course inform participants in good time.
d&b reserve the right to make alterations and additions to the workshop and seminar programs.