2 day d&big Networkshop in Nailsworth, UK. Details:
Attendees should complete the d&b Product workshop beforehand and be familiar with d&b sound system set up and management. You will need to have experience in tackling sound engineering problems and want to extend your expertise with a focus on digital audio networks. Attendees will learn how to utilise and implement the d&b R1 remote control software and therefore need to be confident in the use of computers. Please bring a laptop running Windows 7/MAC OS X 10.7 (Lion) or higher.
Participants will gain practical experience to confidently set up a d&b Remote network utilising IP-based Ethernet networks paying particular attention to their different basic configurations and topologies. Efficient configuration options are demonstrated as well as the use of protocols, such as Dante and OCA. All this will provide a general overview to reliably link d&b systems with audio signals and control networks.
- A comprehensive look at how d&b amplifiers can be integrated into a network using R1 remote control software and other d&b network devices.
- Detailed explanation of the remote control functionality of d&b amplifiers utilising the network control protocols OCA and CAN bus.
- d&b Remote network topology describing the various network configurations and cabling options.
- Introduction into the basics of digital audio signal engineering, it’s special features, and hardware requirements.
- Demonstration of the DS10, an audio network bridge for digital audio and data transmission. The possible applications and characteristics of the DS10 are presented.
- Fundamentals about IP-based Ethernet data networks. Basis of every network, with or without audio. Topics here are topology, distribution, settings, and network rules.
- Dante basics. Insight into the world of Dante audio networks, their integration, function, setup, and configuration.
- Integration of the DS10 in a Dante audio network, and integration in the d&b system.
- Explanation of redundant setup in a network with regard to existing hardware and its possibilities.
The content is conveyed in a format that uses practical examples and encourages participants to exchange experiences and play an active role.
Number of participants
Free of charge.
Day 1: 10:30 to 17:30.
Day 2: 09:30 to 17:30.
d&b audiotechnik GB,
Nailsworth Mills Estate,
Avening Road, Nailsworth, Stroud
Relevant documentation such as Technical Information and System Brochures will be available to take away.
A certificate of attendance is available on request.
Accommodation (not included)
If an overnight stay is required, select your preferences in the registration form and a list of recommended local places to stay will be included in your confirmation email.
How to register
To register click on the registration bar below and fill out the Registration form.
Participants will then be contacted via email as to availability. For further details, travel and accommodation information, please contact:
Emma Adamou at +44 (0) 1453 835884 or at info.gb(at)dbaudio.com.
Upon receipt of the registration form, participants will be sent written confirmation. If unable to attend, please inform d&b in writing six working days before the workshop begins. In the event that the workshop is cancelled for organizational reasons, d&b will of course inform participants in good time.
d&b reserve the right to make alterations and additions to the workshop and seminar programs.