J-Series and V-Series workshop in Sindelfingen, Germany: small print
Participants should be experienced in tackling sound problems and should want to develop their knowledge of d&b systems with a special focus on the J-Series and the V-Series. Please bring your own laptop (Windows 7 or higher or Mac OSX 10.6 or higher).
We will introduce you to the various loudspeakers in the J-Series and the V-Series and you will learn how to use them in a working environment. This includes an introduction to basic electroacoustics and familiarization with d&b mounting and rigging accessories. You will learn how to apply the J-Series and the V-Series for optimum results, while taking into account safety aspects.
- Introduction. We start by positioning the J-Series and the V-Series within the d&b product range and defining the recommended applications for them.
- Line array theory. Principle considerations of the sound system design. Special solutions implemented into the J-Series and the V-Series.
- Principle considerations of the sound system design. Special solutions implemented into the J-Series and the V-Series. This session goes into the design of J-Series and V-Series systems taking into account all considerations such as system sizing, special requirements and any limitations. It also investigates the sophisticated set up and configuration possibilities implemented within them.
- d&b ArrayCalc planning software. d&b line arrays must be designed using the d&b ArrayCalc simulation software. In the workshop, you will be trained in working with this planning software and design a variety of different configuration options.
- d&b R1 remote control software. Practical solutions for creating a R1 user interface tailored for use with the J or V-Series.
- Practical parts. In practical work, participants will set up the d&b J-Series and V-Series in different configurations. There will be listening tests for each configuration. Protective clothing and footwear is recommended.
- d&b ArrayProcessing. In this session the participants are familiarized with the optional ArrayProcessing feature. Background information on sophisticated filter algorithms is provided and explained using practical examples. Participants are introduced to simulation and calculation processes in ArrayCalc as well as to the transfer of the resulting ArrayProcessing settings using the R1 Remote control software. All workflow steps are presented, from simulation in ArrayCalc to transfer of the relevant ArrayProcessing data to the amplifiers using the R1 Remote control software. The workshop is supplemented by a listening session featuring different ArrayProcessing application scenarios.
The content is conveyed in a format that uses practical examples and encourages participants to exchange experiences and play an active role.
Number of participants
Free of charge.
Two and a half days.
Day one: from 9:30 to 18:00.
Day two: from 9:30 to 17:30.
Day three: from 9:30 to 13:00.
+49 (0)7031 708650
Every participant is provided with a folder and USB stick containing all relevant documentation and software.
Every participant is presented with a certificate at the end of the event in which they have taken part.
How to register
To register click on the registration bar below and fill out the Registration form.
Participants will then be contacted via email as to availability. For further details, travel and accommodation information, please contact:
German language workshops or seminars: Regina Schneider-Wilhelm at +49 (0) 7191 96 69-0
English language workshops or seminars: Marie O'Farrell at +49 (0) 7191 96 69-0
or email: seminar(at)dbaudio.com
Upon receipt of the registration form, participants will be sent written confirmation. If unable to attend, please inform d&b in writing six working days before the workshop begins. In the event that the workshop is cancelled for organizational reasons, d&b will of course inform participants in good time.
d&b reserve the right to make alterations and additions to the workshop and seminar programs.