Anmeldung zu SL-Series Workshop.
- Registrants must be current owners, employed as a system technician of, or regular users of the SL-Series.
- Participants should be experienced in tackling sound problems and should want to develop their knowledge of d&b systems with a special focus on the SL-Series and the d&b workflow.
- Participants must be contacted by phone to verify registration and discuss the goals of the attendees and of the workshop prior to registration confirmation.
- A laptop running Windows 7 or greater / macOS 10.12 or higher with an RJ45 Ethernet network port or equivalent adapter.
- For practical parts: Protective clothing and footwear is recommended for one’s own safety.
Registrants must be current owners, employed as a system technician of, or regular users of the SL-Series.
Freelance technicians: please use the “Company” field on the registration form to indicate the company for which you are working and the “Position” field to indicate that you are freelance.
Previous participation in the following training sessions is helpful:
- J-Series and V-Series workshop since 2016 (including ArrayProcessing) or
- Workflow Workshop since 2016 (including ArrayProcessing) or
- Y-Series and T-Series workshop since 2017 (including ArrayProcessing)
We will introduce the various loudspeakers in the SL-Series and explain how to use them in a working environment. This includes familiarization of the various d&b mounting and rigging accessories and how to apply the SL-Series for optimum results while taking into account safety aspects.
- Introduction: Design of the SL-Series and a discussion of its position in the d&b product range.
- Array theory: A product-agnostic look at how line arrays function: both in theory and reality. Examples of different line array configurations will be demonstrated, how they sound, and why they sound the way they do. The class will cover the construction of line source cabinets versus point source boxes. Finally, these same principals will be related to larger low-frequency sources, including how to use sub arrays to control low-frequency energy.
- An ArrayCalc session regarding SL-Series software features applicable for various designs.
- Networking: A 101 overview of how TCP/IP networking functions, as well as how it relates to the d&b amplifier network. Ethernet remote networks will be covered, including requirements for networking a reliable system. Students will have hands-on opportunities to connect and control d&b amplifier and loudspeaker.
- Amplifiers: This class focuses on current amplifiers. Highlighting the most used functions as well as less prominent features and benefits. Loudspeaker specific configurations, filter sets, and their uses will be discussed and demonstrated.
- R1 Remote control software: An opportunity for participants to walk through building an R1 interface from scratch, as well as using ArrayCalc to generate a unique prebuilt interface. Students will be taught how and when to manipulate pre-existing files, and when it is opportune to build a new control view from scratch.
- Practical parts: In practical sessions, the participants will set up the SL-Series in different rigging configurations.
- Array hands-on: Attendees will learn to correctly and safely fly the SL-Series, listen to the deployed sound system and the results of the loudspeaker specific filter sets. The differences between the compression and tension rigging mode will be explained, it’s features and various possibilities.
- d&b ArrayProcessing: There will be a demo of the ArrayProcessing feature. Participants are introduced to simulation and calculation processes in ArrayCalc as well as to the transfer of the resulting ArrayProcessing settings using the R1 Remote control software. The workshop is supplemented by a listening session.
- The workshop is supplemented by listening sessions featuring different ArrayProcessing application scenarios and SL-Series setups.
The content is conveyed in a format that uses practical examples and encourages participants to exchange experiences and play an active role.
Duration and Time
Every participant is provided with a URL containing all relevant documentation and software.
Upon receipt of the registration form, participants will be contacted by phone to confirm registration and discuss the goals of the attendees and of the workshop. After registration acceptance, a written confirmation with hotel booking information, travel information and general event schedule will be sent. If unable to attend, please inform d&b as soon as possible so your seat can be made available to other registrants. In the event that the workshop is canceled for organizational reasons, d&b will, of course, inform participants in good time.
d&b reserves the right to make alterations and additions to the workshop and seminar programs.
How to register
Fill out the registration form below.
Participants will then be contacted via phone and/or email as to availability.
Due to high demand, registration does not guarantee a seat in the workshop. Please wait for confirmation communication from d&b prior to making any travel plans.
For further details, travel and accommodation information, please find contact underneath the Registration form.
This training is conducted by:
d&b audiotechnik Corporation 30A Rosscraggon Road Asheville, NC 28803-2174 United States
d&b behält sich das Recht vor, jederzeit Änderungen und Ergänzungen der Workshop- und Seminarprogramme vorzunehmen.