Business Development Manager (f/m/x)Position Summary:
The “Business Development Manager” position is part of the Business Development team and will be responsible for driving new d&b technologies and product concepts into the market, primarily by growing/educating existing accounts and developing new customer groups/influencers (e.g., consultants, specifiers, artists, architects, and others). The position's primary objective is to put measures in place to generate market pulls for new d&b technologies, hence generating additional sourcesof revenue for d&b Americas.
Essential functions and work duties:
- Responsible for business development in various market segments.
- Identify new market segment opportunities.
- Drive specifications of d&b products with consultants, influencers, and end users.
- Work with other Business Development team members helping with design work and consultant relationships.
- Lead generation: coordination and driving of a project pipeline for advanced system applications in close collaboration with the regional/cross-functional Sales team, the global Sales organization, and regional/ global Marketing department (matrix approach). The function provides project closing support to the Sales team.
- Work to improve awareness in the market via vertical appropriate conventions and shows. Maintenance of short- and long lists of target accounts / POIs / etc. for d&b technologies. Ongoing prioritization and relevance assessment, based on multiplication lever (revenues and technology market acceptance) and ROI.
- Support the process of developing new Marketing concepts for d&b Americas to accelerate the market introduction of new technology concepts.
Skills and abilities:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with excellent interpersonal and teamwork abilities.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Exceptional focus on customer satisfaction and service.
- Ability to work independently.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office and/or Mac equivalent proficiency and PowerPoint.
- Experience with salesforce.com is a plus.
- Must be able to work with diverse individuals, teams, groups, etc.
- A high level of company representation with other industry professionals and at various exhibitions and functions.
Education and experience:
- High School diploma or GED, Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred.
- Six or more years of professional experience in a similar work environment.
- Demonstrated understanding of standard business practices related to sales operation processes and systems (project funnel management, sales cycles, reporting/forecasting), incl. the use of business intelligence tools.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- This is a full-time, exempt position. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
- This position involves 50% national and international travel with multiple overnight stays.
Interested? Email your resume to [email protected]
- Department:Business organisation
- Type:experienced professionals